Here's an early present for you: Ragan/NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions has just released results of a survey: “Structuring a Social Media Team.” The free download has a serious wealth of data on the state of the social media profession in the corporate world, nonprofits, and government. Here are some tidbits:
- Staffing: 65% of respondents do SM on top of their other duties.
- Measurement: 69% are dissatisfied or only “somewhat satisfied.” .
- Budgets and salaries: Only 28% saw their budgets increase this year.
- Platforms and efforts: 23% describe themselves as “newbies.”
- Who owns social media?: 70% say marketing is involved, with 69% say PR.