This month my company, KDPaine & Partners, celebrates ten years in the measurement business. A decade ago KDPaine & Partners was conceived as a company that would do custom measurement for internal and external communications programs. A company that would seek out and tackle the new and tricky and innovative projects—those on the cutting edge.
And so our 10th anniversary celebrates a decade of innovation: Ten years of attempting what had never, or rarely, been attempted before. So here's a look back at KDPaine & Partners' decade of innovation in public relations measurement.
- We conduct what may be the first ever measurement of political public relations: the Chellie Pingree Campaign for Doug Hattaway.
- We sponsor and host the first ever Measurement Summit.
- We land our first major measurement client, Jim Fetig at Raytheon
- We launch the first-in-the-world customizable do-it-yourself dashboard.
- We conduct our first international measurement program, for Hewlett-Packard.
- We conduct the first-in-the-world integrated social and traditional media measurement program, for Epson.
- I launch the first-in-the-world blog devoted to public relations measurement: KD Paine's PR Measurement Blog.
- We create our first integrated communications dashboard, for Kamehameha Schools.
- We demonstrate our first direct correlations between business and PR, for Facebook.
- We conduct the first-in-the-world YouTube measurement, for the New Hampshire primary.
- We win the PRNews Platinum PR Award for Research and Measurement, for our work for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- We conduct the first-in-the-world measurement program to correlate IR communications and investor buy/sell recommendations.
- We demonstrate the first-in-the-world correlations between relationships, media coverage, and purchase intent, for ASPCA.
- We demonstrate the first-in-the-world correlations between social media activity and revenue, for USO and MADD.
- We develop our first Kick Butt Index Development Programs, for Adobe and Cisco.
- We develop our first behind-the-firewall social media measurement project.
- We conduct our first completely integrated social and traditional media analysis, for Stonyfield.
- We conduct the first-in-the-world engagement measurement benchmark study, for UNICEF.
(Thanks to a2z Innovation Insider for the image.)
Katie Delahaye Paine is CEO of KDPaine & Partners, a company that delivers custom research to measure brand image, public relationships, and engagement. Katie Paine is a dynamic and experienced speaker on public relations and social media measurement. Click here for the schedule of Katie’s upcoming speaking engagements. Katie and Beth Kanter are authors of the book “Measuring the Networked Nonprofit,” to be published this year by Wiley.
The Measurement Standard is a publication of KDPaine & Partners, a company that delivers custom research to measure brand image, public relationships, and engagement. Katie Paine, CEO of KDPaine & Partners, will be glad to talk with you about measurement for your organization.