Over at his Metricsman blog, Don Bartholomew has two recent posts that will interest you:
1. Some intriguing thoughts about the future of measurement in his post “Measurement 2020 and Other Fantasies.”
He includes this: “In response to a question of where measurement will be in five years, David Rockland replied (paraphrasing here), ‘Who knows? Five years ago who would have guessed we would all be focused on how to measure social media?’ ” Good point.
2. A pitch for his new ebook “Social Media Listening Platforms,” entitled “Selecting the Right Social Media Listening Platform is a Process Not an Event.”
Where he includes this:
“It is helpful to think of the overall listening platform selection process in three phases:
- Plan – Define requirements, stakeholders, scope
- Select – Create a platform evaluation process tailored to your unique requirements
- Deploy – The selected platform across the organization with training, workflow and other important issues addressed.”
I have not yet read the whole ebook, but any publication that includes “The Dr. Evil test” gets my recommendation.