I've been talking for awhile about using the Grunig and Hon relationship instrument for measurement of social media. Here it is in its entirety: We recommend using a 7 point agreement scale.
FINAL ITEMS FOR RELATIONSHIP SCALES
(Boldface indicates shortest scales,
boldface and italic indicates short scale with one additional item)
Dimensions Integrity, competence, dependability
1. This organization treats people like me fairly and justly. (Integrity)
2. Whenever this organization makes an important decision, I know it will be
concerned about people like me. (Integrity; original dimension: faith).
3. This organization can be relied on to keep its promises. (Dependability)
4. I believe that this organization takes the opinions of people like me into account
when making decisions. (Dependability)
5. I feel very confident about this organization’s skills. (Competence)
6. This organization has the ability to accomplish what it says it will do.
7. Sound principles seem to guide this organization’s behavior. (Integrity)
8. This organization does not mislead people like me. (Integrity)
9. I am very willing to let this organization make decisions for people like me.
10. I think it is important to watch this organization closely so that it does not take
advantage of people like me. (Dependability) (Reversed)
11. This organization is known to be successful at the things it tries to do. (Competence)
1. This organization and people like me are attentive to what each other say.
2. This organization believes the opinions of people like me are legitimate.
3. In dealing with people like me, this organization has a tendency to throw its
weight around. (Reversed)
4. This organization really listens to what people like me have to say.
5. The management of this organization gives people like me enough say in the
6. When I have an opportunity to interact with this organization, I feel that I have some
sense of control over the situation.
7. This organization won’t cooperate with people like me. (Reversed)
8. I believe people like me have influence on the decision-makers of this organization.
1. I feel that this organization is trying to maintain a long-term commitment to
people like me.
2. I can see that this organization wants to maintain a relationship with people like
3. There is a long-lasting bond between this organization and people like me.
4. Compared to other organizations, I value my relationship with this organization
5. I would rather work together with this organization than not.
6. I have no desire to have a relationship with this organization. (Reversed)
7. I feel a sense of loyalty to this organization.
8. I could not care less about this organization. (Reversed)
1. I am happy with this organization.
2. Both the organization and people like me benefit from the relationship.
3. Most people like me are happy in their interactions with this organization.
4. Generally speaking, I am pleased with the relationship this organization has
established with people like me.
5. Most people enjoy dealing with this organization
6. The organization fails to satisfy the needs of people like me. (Reversed)
7. I feel people like me are important to this organization.
8. In general, I believe that nothing of value has been accomplished between this
organization and people like me. (Reversed)
1. This organization does not especially enjoy giving others aid. (Reversed)
2. This organization is very concerned about the welfare of people like me.
3. I feel that this organization takes advantage of people who are vulnerable.
4. I think that this organization succeeds by stepping on other people. (Reversed)
5. This organization helps people like me without expecting anything in return.
6. I don’t consider this to be a particularly helpful organization. (Reversed)
7. I feel that this organization tries to get the upper hand. (Reversed)
1. Whenever this organization gives or offers something to people like me, it
generally expects something in return.
2. Even though people like me have had a relationship with this organization for a
long time, it still expects something in return whenever it offers us a favor.
3. This organization will compromise with people like me when it knows that it will
4. This organization takes care of people who are likely to reward the organization