Forget the digital divide, the big divide I face every day is with people who don't listen to NPR and those who do. When you start so many sentences "I heard on NPR the other day..." its hard to relate to the people who aren't listening. So, when I checked into my hotel room in Chicago and eagerly ran to the radio to turn on WBEZ in Chicago, I realized that I might need to seek help for my addiction. Here are ten signs that you are irrevokably hooked on NPR.
1. You get know all the answers on Wait Wait Don't Tell me, and consider it a primary news source.
2. You have fantasies of about Carl Kassel leaving his voice on your answering machine.
3. You tell the time by what's playing.
4. You know the name of the announcer before they tell you
5. You'd drive 100 miles to see what Silvia Paggioli looks like
6. You're more excited to meet Ira Glass after a primary debate than any of the candidates
7. You recommend NPR underwriting in more than 50% of your recommendations to clients
8. When traveling, you know where to find the NPR station in before you check into the hotel.
9. You threaten your tenants with eviction if they aren't a member of the local NPR station
10.You know the score of the latest cricket game.
11. You plan your weekend activities around the local schedule
12. You remember last weeks Puzzler
Anyone got a support group for me?